Sunday, August 16, 2009

Daddy with his followers

My aunt took this picture while we were on vacation at Moody Gardens. I love it!
We had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed seeing so many family members and friends. Here's a big shocker - I didn't even take our camera with us! On purpose I left it at home. I knew it would be just one more thing to keep up with and I'd feel obligated to try and take lots of pictures, so instead I opted to take none and leave that stress out. Thankfully, I also have photo happy family who captured the Moody Gardens/Galveston trip for us. My aunt's pictures are online here. R especially enjoyed the aquarium, squealing at the penguins tricks and J saw his first IMAX show. J and E both really enjoyed time with two of their cousins.
I feel so spoiled! We had two meals out with couple friends, without children! (Thanks Grandma!) We also spent some brief time with friends of ours from the Nacogdoches days. I spent an afternoon maternity clothes shopping with my mom. Big J and I had a relaxing day date employing a friend that I once babysat myself. We all just keep growing up! My 'little sis' and I enjoyed a mom's night out dinner where we actually had a chance to catch up on each other's lives. Very fun! And then of course we had the Moody Gardens/Galveston 2 day trip (which reminds me why we don't often stay in hotels). Seriously... how did families manage to get good amounts of sleep when they all slept in the same room all the time? Big J was also happy to be able to buy fresh shrimp from the docks and then have a family shrimp boil that evening. All in all it was a wonderful trip, worth the stress of planning it all. Oh and the best part was having J around all week!

Thanks to everyone who helped make our vacation so much fun!

No comments: