Saturday, March 20, 2010

Teeth Brushing

Little J finally went to the dentist for the first time right before P was born.  He had a great experience and his teeth are healthy.  He also feels a sense of purpose in taking care of his teeth now.  That's the good part.

Of course the dentist asked how often he brushed (only once a day here) and was told he should do it twice a day. I knew that one was coming.  I still haven't really figured out how to add that second tooth brushing into our daily routines.   We'll get there eventually.

Anywho, last night I'm trying to get all 4 of my kids ready for bed.  P is on the floor next to me crying, R is next to him getting a new diaper, E is putting on her pajamas, and J is in the bathroom getting ready to brush his teeth.  (Have I mentioned how great it is that 2 of my kids can dress themselves now?!  But that's another post.)

So again, the baby is crying and I'm busy diapering.  J steps out of the bathroom with gobs of toothpaste on his brush wanting me to brush his teeth.  I tell him to do it first and I'll help him in a minute.  But he protests, "The dentist said you or Daddy are supposed to brush them first!"

Then comes my quote of the day...  "The dentist doesn't have 4 kids, now brush your teeth!" 

And now E can't wait for her chance to go to the dentist.  :)

No comments: