Thursday, September 9, 2010

About the tomato plants

Yes again.   I like my tomato plants.  The kids LOVE the tomato plants.  So I blog about... the tomato plants!

Here's the most recent picture (with 2 children snacking in the background)

The day after that picture was taken, we harvested this whole bowl

And that is WITH the kids snacking off the plants almost every day.  Well, really it is only J and E doing the snacking.  I think R got tired of them b/c she no longer wants to eat any.  That or she ruined the experience by pulling and tasting too many green tomatoes.  But as for the other two, I am a wee bit concerned about finding a new snack for them once these plants are gone. 

Did I mention that I conquered the stink bugs?!  Yes, I am quite proud of that fact. 

These really are quite tasty little tomatoes.  Any guess as to how much that one harvest of them would cost if bought from the grocery store?  And I was given those 2 plants for free from a neighbor!  You just can't beat home grown veggies.  Now if I would only get started planning our fall/winter garden.  (Yes, I am a bit behind.) 

No comments: