Friday, February 25, 2011

Sick

Can't we be through with sickness yet?!  This time, it's me.  Hopefully it will be short lived and only me! 

Anywho, we have recently (as in this past week) begun the potty training fun with Miss R.  A while back she found the stash of leftover pull-ups from when E was using them.  They have princesses on them.  R has been asking and asking to wear those princess pull-ups ever since.  She's been showing progress with being able to wait and use the potty, so we finished a box of diapers and made the switch to pull-ups.  So far we've had mixed success, but she is one thrilled little girl to finally be wearing the princess pull-ups. 

(As for our 'system' of how to potty train... we're taking a much more laid back approach this time around.  I put a LOT of effort into it with E and there were still sooooo many accidents.  Accidents that magically stopped when she turned 3.  So I'm opting to not stress about it right now, but just see how things go.) 

Back to the sickness.  I woke up, got ready for the day, cooked and served breakfast.  And then I got sick.  No fun. 

BUT, I have had the privilege of some very sweet little helpers today.  E fed baby P his breakfast while I cleaned up the other dishes.  So then we move to the playroom and I lay on the floor while the kids play.  P goes down for a nap and then I move to the couch for some slightly more comfy resting. 

I think it helped that we had been out of the house 3 days this week.  The kids were very happy to be staying at home and just playing.  So they played nicely for a while and then all of a sudden I realize how very quiet the house has become.  Now, if you are a parent, you know that this is not such a good thing.  The kids were no longer in the playroom either.  I'm still feeling bad and thinking 'uh-oh'. 

And then I hear them.  They are in the downstairs bathroom - yes, all 3 of them.  They have helped R out of her pajamas (I'm sick, remember?  Yes, she's still in her pajamas) and are helping her go potty.  (Here's where you go... 'awwww')  E comes out to get her a new pull-up and then I hear J run upstairs to get her some day clothes.  Now I have sent E to pick out her sister's clothes before, but apparently J wanted a turn.  For those who want to know, he picked out a cute striped dress and some cute striped pants to go under them.  The two don't match at all, but they're both stripes!  :) 

So they all come back to the playroom and J proceeds to help his little sister get dressed.  So sweet!  He needed a bit of assistance from me, but I was so touched by the initiative he took. 

And then, for lunch, he was a trooper and made himself and the girls some peanut butter sandwiches.  Of course, as he finished making them he remarks in a conversational tone, "I don't like doing all your work."  lol - Maybe some new appreciation for all I do has dawned in my 5 year old's head? 

Regardless, I feel blessed by my children today!  Thank you God for such sweet blessings!

No comments: