Monday, October 31, 2011

Harvest Potluck

The kids have never celebrated Halloween before.  In fact, this is the first year they really had any clue something was going on, other than stores being decorated in a scary way.  But this year I have 2 full fledged readers and they figured out something was up.  :)

Honestly, I have rather mixed feelings about celebrating Halloween.  But the kids love playing dress up and this year our church organized a "Harvest Potluck" where costumes were welcome, there were games and candy prizes.  So yeah, basically it was our kids celebrating Halloween.  And of course they had a great time! 

A couple of weeks ago, I purchased some face paint as I knew the kids would love it and we could do that instead of buying good, expensive costumes or not so good, cheap costumes.  And then last week I went to the resale shop and scored 2 good quality, super cute, practically new costumes for cheap.  Gotta love that! 

Big J was the makeup artist of the event and did a stellar job. 

J the army guy
R is Hello Kitty
P was the cutest mouse ever
And E was her usual silly self as a monkey (her face was painted after I took this picture)





Festivities included a 'fishing' game, pumpkin seed spitting contest, ball toss, digging for jewels, and finding a 'needle' (popsicle sticks) in a haystack.  Big J won the seed spitting contest.  :)   More pictures from our fun evening are here.



1 comment:

Jeff said...

There's somebody missing from all these pictures (and costumes)...