Monday, November 4, 2013

Family Fun in the Neighborhood

Yesterday, our neighborhood had a 'Fall Festival.'  There were pony rides, train rides, petting zoo, loud music, and food.  And it was all free!  (Okay, not really.  I'm sure it came out of our HOA fees, but those have to be paid regardless, so it felt free in the moment.)  Big J told the kids about it last week and they have been counting the days.  The main attraction (in their minds)?  The pony rides  :)  Honestly, I was a bit worried that we'd get there and they'd all decide not to, but the four older ones were all about it!  The two girls even had a second ride (because clearly they needed to ride both of the ponies).




The petting zoo was a crazy free for all.  There was no attempt to limit the flow of people in and out of the gates and I felt a little bad for the cute little animals.  (Big J said he saw one poor bunny being held upside down, not so gently by a toddler.)  Our kids enjoyed it, though!  There were teeny little pigs, a baby calf, lots of bunnies, ducks, a goose, chickens, a donkey, goats and a sheep.  The kids even had the opportunity to feed the goats.



R expertly picked up a little bunny with no fear.  And last night I was asked, "Mommy, can I get a pet bunny for Christmas?"  (No, my dear, sweet, child, no, absolutely not.)

The train ride was also a big hit with the kids.



Bye, mom!  See ya!
The noise music was a bit overwhelming and their was another long line to wait in for the food, so we opted to head home without that freebie.  The weather was beautiful and we all had a great time!  You can see a few more pictures that I took online here.  

No comments: