So day 2 I decided to throw out the system and just send him to the bathroom every now and then. (I always asked if he wanted me to come or not. Usually he said no.) After a minute or two I would follow and if he needed help getting his underwear and shorts off I helped. He would sit on the potty and sometimes go, sometimes not. If he went, he got an M&M. We also chanted "Where does the pee-pee go? In the potty! Where does poop go? In the potty!" many many times. I think he liked that part. :)
So day 1 there were 5 accidents. Day 2, 2 accidents. Yeah! Amazingly he is staying dry during nap-time. One of his accidents today was right after nap-time, but not in the bed! He was at his door headed to the bathroom. The other accident was a nice dirty one. (He has had issues for a while about going poop in the potty... no clue why.) All in all, I feel like today was MUCH more successful. (We aren't attempting night training yet... he is in pull-ups for that and big boy undies all day.)
I was also working hard with E trying to get her to use her words instead of just falling apart crying when something went "wrong." She was trying much harder to use words today and I feel very proud of her! R was her usual contented self and we weren't interrupted quite as much today.
What will tomorrow bring? Stay tuned! (You know that when J grows up he will be thrilled to know that his potty training experience was posted online!) :)
1 comment:
God bless you. Maybe over Thanksgiving break I'll try potty training Leslie (when Barry's home to help clean up all the messes!!) Stick with it! Good luck!
Post a Comment