Friday, November 20, 2009

Our Tree of Thanksgiving

This past week, J and E have daily added leaves to 'Our Tree of Thanksgiving.' It was interesting to see what each one thought of and a popular reply was this or that toy. With a little discussion, they thought of some other things to be thankful for such as our house and our van. You know it warmed my heart when, on the first day, E contributed Jesus, God, Daddy, and brother J. And I must say it was nice to hear from J on the third day that he was thankful for Mommy cooking "breakfast, dinner, and lunch" for us. All in all a good activity that we'll probably do again sometime in the future.

3 comments:

flutterbylinda said...

Neat idea!

Sarah Filip said...

I had my students make a book in the month of November of all of the things they were thankful for. Each day they added a page (15 in all), and they couldn't repeat any. In the beginning, they were done really fast. By this last week it took them a little longer. They enjoyed it, and I think their families will too!

Erin said...

Love it! I need to do this with Leslie!