Saturday, June 26, 2010

Garden update - June

This morning I harvested the garlic and onions.  Not horrible, but not great either.  I know I rushed planting them, so I'm guessing they would have done better if I had taken more care.  I'll try again next year!  In the meantime, here's this year's loot -

On the left are our two tomato plants.  We have cherry tomatoes this year and so far so good!  There are a LOT of little green ones out there and we've already enjoyed a few red ones.  In the middle we have 2 basil plants and on the right are 2 bush bean plants.  The bean plants are also producing decently.  We've planted two pineapple tops in hopes of growing a pineapple and Big J has planted some okra seeds in small containers.  So far there is one sprout and he's hoping for a couple more. 

And here's our mammoth sunflowers!  I will definitely be planting more of these next year.  I've heard of people using them to grow a small covered playhouse for kids and I may try that.  The few we have this year do give off enough shade for the kids to sit under. 

No comments: