Monday, August 30, 2010

You don't know until you try it!

The other day, after a snack, J was "still hungry."  Dinner was cooking and so I wanted him to wait to eat more.  P was finishing up a bottle of formula and I jokingly offered J a taste.  He thought that was a great idea!  (Insert slightly evil chuckle here) 

I didn't want to take away from P's meal, so I told J that if he could wait a couple of minutes, I would make him a bottle to try.  He waited patiently and then happily accepted the baby bottle of formula that I offered him.  (And oh yes, I was laughing!)

It took him a minute to figure out how to drink from a baby bottle, but once the liquid hit his tongue, he knew he had had enough. 

Then came E.  Now E is the best eater of the group and is generally willing to taste everything.  So she took a drink, made a face and handed me the bottle.  Big J and I are laughing REALLY hard now.  But then she comes back for more!  What a trooper.  Willing to give it that second try.  The face she made the second time was truly priceless.  I wish I had had the camera ready for that one.

Needless to say, I don't think either of them will be asking for a bottle of formula ever again. 

No comments: