Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Circus, Part 1

So if I can put these on the blog (powered by Google) why can't I get them uploaded to Picassa (also powered by Google)?  Sometimes, technology is really annoying.

The day after Peter's birthday, we all went the circus!  It was a first for all the kids and they were wide-eyed the whole time taking it all in.   P really liked the animal parts, especially the elephants.  He did really well through all of it.  I was impressed b/c we were out until after 10pm! 

But anyway, I was taking pictures during our circus trip and some of the acts were really hard to capture with a picture!  And then it occurred to me that my cute, handy dandy camera could also take videos... with plenty of memory to keep going!  So I went back and forth taping and snapping.  The pictures are online here.  Enjoy the videos!

This elephant was HUGE!  And unnervingly close to our seats.  Big J and I made a note to ourselves for the future:  While it is cool to have super close seats, the circus, with it's large and wild animals might be better viewed from a distance.  You hear of those freak accidents with circus animals.  We got to our seats and both were thinking of how we could get the kids out fast if something went wrong.  Not a happy thought when you have 4 small kids at a place like that.  There weren't any problems though and we all had a great time.

This act was probably my favorite.  The clown was given a basket of 3 stuffed animal toys.  He 'wound them up' and the first 2 just sat there.  Then he 'wound up' this one and didn't expect anything to happen, but it did!  I wish I had taken more video.  This cute little 'elephant' was actually a little dog in costume.  Funny stuff. 

These performing dogs were also entertaining.

And here is a guy doing bicycle tricks.

I'll post some more videos as another blog.

No comments: