We have had an amazingly mild winter... the kids have been in shorts or short sleeves a lot! With baby E fast approaching, I knew I wasn't up to planting/maintaining a garden this winter, so for the most part, it looks pretty sad back there. (J earned himself some money by cleaning up the weeds and other debris the other day, so it does look better than it did last week!) The grapes and plum tree are of course still in the ground, but the only other plants were the very sad looking swiss chard. They were doing great until we had a freeze back before Christmas. Then they looked like dead mush. I never did get around to pulling them, so there they sat. This past weekend, Big J got out there and started trimming them and what do you know! Amidst mess were new, pretty, healthy swiss chard leaves! What a fun and unexpected gift from God!
No comments:
Post a Comment