Monday, October 14, 2013

RAIN!

It's a good, good thing.  Really.  I know it is.  Our area of the world really needs more.  But having a bunch of kids cooped inside because of lots of rain = extra noise, chaos, movement that makes this mommy feel a bit nutty.

So after lunch today we piled into the van just to get out of the house for a bit.  I needed to run by the bank and this seemed as good a time as any to go.

But the bank was closed.  (And of course after we get there, I remember my wise mother mentioning this to me just 2 days ago.)  So we are all in the van, some kids with shoes, most without and I figure, why not let them run around, even if it is a little wet.  So we drive on up to the neighborhood playground.

The kids run up to it and start squealing with glee.  (Notice the dark sky on the right side of the picture.)


Lol - I remind them that however wet they get, they will have to ride home that way, and then sit down with the baby to enjoy some delighted shrieks and laughter that don't reverberate off the walls.







We are there maybe 5 minutes and it starts sprinkling.  We head to the van and by the time we get there, it's a nice solid rain.  The older 3 thought this was fun.  P and T were not so thrilled.  Baby E didn't seem to care one way or the other.  Me?  I was laughing.  It was an excellent release of tension from the morning.

So we drive home and it is still lightly raining, but no thunder or lightning.  We still have about a half hour before nap time.  They are already thoroughly wet, so why not a little more fun?  I pick up the umbrella that is open in the garage from drying out after yesterday's rain and baby E and I hang out under it while we watch the kids run and squeal some more.  The kids even found a new pet (that will continue to live OUTside).






They played for a bit, came inside, changed clothes and now it's a peaceful nap/rest time.  :)

No comments: