The past some number of years, I have taken the kids to a local pumpkin patch, let them pick out pumpkins, taken them home, and then let the kids paint them. In my world, that included two separate days (getting pumpkins and painting pumpkins). That also included the potential for extra mess for Mommy (who can envision walls, blinds, sinks, and much more completely covered with paint).
Last Year's Visit (which includes links to other, earlier years)
So when I heard about this little place not too far from us that was offering 'Paint-A-Pumpkin' parties for groups of 10 or more at a reasonable rate, I mentioned the idea to our park day group. In my mind, I was seeing 3 things accomplished in one day! Get pumpkins, paint pumpkins, park day + the SUPER de DUPER added bonus of no extra mess/stress at my house!
About 6 other moms agreed with me that this was a splendid idea and so I set it up and we enjoyed a wonderful time on their property this past Tuesday. I didn't get as many pictures of my kids with the pumpkins as I have in previous years, but everyone had a blast (and I did get some pictures). The kids were just too busy running every which way with their friends to stop and pose for pictures. :)
This was also Baby E's first opportunity to paint her own pumpkin and she seemed to thoroughly enjoy the process.
Wonder of wonders, a friend also snagged a picture of ME with all of my sweet lapful blessings.
I think we'll be heading to this place again next year! In the meantime, you should check out the other pictures I took, because there are some cute ones.
Last Year's Visit (which includes links to other, earlier years)
So when I heard about this little place not too far from us that was offering 'Paint-A-Pumpkin' parties for groups of 10 or more at a reasonable rate, I mentioned the idea to our park day group. In my mind, I was seeing 3 things accomplished in one day! Get pumpkins, paint pumpkins, park day + the SUPER de DUPER added bonus of no extra mess/stress at my house!
About 6 other moms agreed with me that this was a splendid idea and so I set it up and we enjoyed a wonderful time on their property this past Tuesday. I didn't get as many pictures of my kids with the pumpkins as I have in previous years, but everyone had a blast (and I did get some pictures). The kids were just too busy running every which way with their friends to stop and pose for pictures. :)
This was also Baby E's first opportunity to paint her own pumpkin and she seemed to thoroughly enjoy the process.
Wonder of wonders, a friend also snagged a picture of ME with all of my sweet lapful blessings.
I think we'll be heading to this place again next year! In the meantime, you should check out the other pictures I took, because there are some cute ones.




No comments:
Post a Comment