Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Silly J notes


J woke up this morning and the first words out of his mouth were, "I wonder if it's going to snow today?"

A few of J's southern pronunciations
cereal:   sar-e-ul
bread:    bray-ed (two syllables)

He's also been talking about college lately, which I find pretty funny.  Last night he told his Daddy a story about the college he will go to and made up a name for it.  (I don't remember what it was... it was no name I've ever heard of!)

7 comments:

Jeff said...

Perhaps he was inspired by his visit to Baylor? :)

I don't get the cereal pronunciation -- how is it different than usual?

MommyBlogger said...

In part, yes I think he was inspired by his visit to Baylor. :)

I pronounce cereal: seer-e-ul
Is that wrong?

Jeff said...

Ah - so he pronounces it so that the first syllable rhymes with share -- "sar-e-ul"?

MommyBlogger said...

Yes, yes, and now it is corrected. Thank you brother dear.

Erin said...

Leslie divides words into extra syllables all the time! ie: "hii-ah" "mee-ilk" "bee-ig" and then of course Uncle Wee-ill and Uncle Bee-in:)

MommyBlogger said...

lol - Joseph has a friend named Ben and it gets two syllable status from my kids, too. :)

Sarah said...

You know what's funny? My midwest kids somehow have a southern accent for many words...I think the biggest culprit is help...hay-elp! I have no idea where they get it from...hardly anyone in Kansas talks like that!!