Friday, October 23, 2009

Backyard Camping

My husband is so fun! He totally balances me out in our marriage with his sense of adventure and spontaneity. I think this is great for the kids, too!

So last night after dinner, the playroom was all cleaned up, and Big J decided to go out in the backyard to look at the stars. (Of course the kids followed, taking blankets to sit on.) I was still doing a little bit of kitchen clean up as well as visiting with a friend who had come to visit for a few days. R didn't last very long out there as it was a bit chilly, but the other 3 star gazed for a good 15 minutes.

Then they all come trooping in and J has this excited look on his face and starts telling me that they are going to get their sleeping bags and go back out there! Sure enough, that was the plan. I love my family. :) So I help get the kids dressed in their warmest pajamas and pull out the sleeping bags. Big J makes some hot bedtime tea (decaffeinated of course). He fills a sippy cup for each kid and an insulated cup for himself and out they troop.







I really didn't expect them to last all night, but they did! They star gazed, prayed, chatted a bit. I think they all had a wonderful and special time. They came back in at 7:15 this morning and only Big J commented on how cold it was and how he wished they had brought out some extra blankets. (It was in the 50s here last night.)

I think the first family camping experience was a success! (R and I happily slept indoors.)

2 comments:

Michele L. King said...

How fun! What a great daddy your kiddos have. This memory will last.

Erin said...

I think yall need to ask for a tent from Santa;) Looks like they had an awesome time!