Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sick Boys = Girl Time!

Sunday morning, both J and P woke up with a fever.  My poor boys were very happy to go back to bed an hour and a half after waking when T was ready for his morning nap.  Big J went on to church so it was just the girls and I awake.  While I was disappointed to not get to go to church, I really enjoyed the time with my girls!

We read books, talked about manners, painted toe nails, did hair, and spent LOTS of time crafting!

I took the opportunity (meaning focused time where no one else needed my attention) to practice french braiding.  I've known the technique for years, but never been very good at it.  Both of the girl's hair are now long enough to start practicing!  I was pretty happy with the results considering my lack of experience!  And it actually stayed up all day!








And here are just a couple of the products that resulted from our couple of hours worth of crafting.
Painting paper plates (that still need to be made into 'pecking birds')

A truck that E made for P

A boat, made by R

No comments: