Thursday, August 23, 2012

New life!

While I had my camera outside taking pictures of the pumpkins, I decided to take pictures of the other plants as well.  (I wouldn't want to hurt any feelings by playing favorites.)

Check out the new leaves on our grape vines!  They're making it!




The happy swiss chard

 The happy tomato plants

New okra plant #1 (being guarded closely by a robot)

New okra plant #2

 P's marigolds are still thriving as are the rather wild looking basil

And our latest backyard addition - a rain barrel!

We actually bought the rain barrel before our most recent (and long awaited) rain so it is nicely filled, too!  It is in a rather odd spot and somewhat of an eyesore, but that is where a TON of rain comes cascading off our roof when it rains.  (We don't have any gutters, which is why we can't keep grass in that spot, either.)  The bricks are the leftovers from our garden landscaping.

We put out the baby pools and a few buckets down the row (where we should have gutters) and caught that water, too.  Once the rain stopped, I scooped (and scooped and scooped) water into watering cans to pour into the rain barrel.  So it was completely filled.  I've since used it to water the garden - yeah for free water from God!  

No comments: