Ingredients
1 lb of sausage
2 Cups grated cheddar cheese
3 Cups of Bisquick
Mix the ingredients together VERY well until you have one big ball of dough. Then break off little pieces and roll them into balls. (On occasion, I've been known to do shapes and letters.) Place them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. It is fine for them to all touch. One batch pretty much fills a cookie sheet.
Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for a while. Take them off the pan and place in a ziploc freezer bag. (I usually forget about them and don't get around to bagging them until that evening, but you don't have to wait that long.)
Baking sausage balls -
(I generally pull out the sausage balls the night before I plan to cook them and leave them in the fridge to thaw a bit overnight. But you don't have to do that. You can just put them straight from the freezer into the oven, just allow for more cooking time.)
Spray a pie pan with cooking spray (they will stick if you don't). Put as many sausage balls as you want on the pie pan. (Again, they can all touch without a problem.) Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15- 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow a few minutes to cool. (For little kids, I'd break a few open to let the steam out and cool down faster.) Eat and enjoy!
2 comments:
MMMMMMM, I've been meaning to ask for this one for a while now...thanks!!!!
I make these every time we gather with friends for a weekend at the beach house. My recipe is just slightly different in that I use 10 oz. sharp cheddar cheese.
Post a Comment