Monday, March 30, 2009

Recipe Challenge

I hereby challenge all my blogging friends and relatives to post one recipe a week on their blog.  Then we'll all have some new yummy recipes to try!  Sound good to you?  

For my first submission, I'm sharing a recipe that I originally found in a magazine.  However, over time I have changed it so much that I feel like it is now my own.  I hope you enjoy!

Chicken Frito Soup

1/2 C chopped onion
1/4 t. chili powder
1/4 t. cumin
2-3 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 C. chicken broth
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 can Rotel
1 can tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
shredded cheddar cheese
Fritos

Spray wok with vegetable spray.  Cook chicken bites for 3 min.  Add onion, garlic, chili powder, and cumin.  Cook and stir 2 minutes.  Stir in broth, bouillon cubes, Rotel, tomato sauce, and tomato paste.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.  Serve with cheddar cheese and Fritos.  Side dish suggestion - corn on the cob

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Now I have to keep blogging recipes. No pressure!